Monday, August 22, 2011

No Weekend Was Dull

I only have 24 hours remaining in Urasa, and I have felt like I'll be barely making it out alive because of whatever stomach bug I have.  I planned to make the last weekend uneventful, but something inside me had different plans for me.  Therefore, every weekend this summer in Japan has been full of excitement.

Here is my evidence:
Weekend #1 (July 9/10) - my second hike to see the snow bridge of the Mizunashi Gorge
Weekend #2 - the Urasa matsuri & fireworks, the bus tour to Hakkai-san, the winery, and the temple in the town
Weekend #3 - Adam visits, we visit Nagaoka to watch Harry Potter, Adam's infamous bike accident
Weekend #4 - torrential rain and floods, Yoshimi visits, we travel around Niigata from Yuzawa to Kashiwazaki
Weekend #5 - souvenir collecting weekend with Adam, Masumi, and Yoshimi all around Saitama, Gunma, and Nagano
Weekend #6 - my class' dinner party, the international potluck, and the volleyball tournament
Weekend #7 - I fall ill

Perhaps the weekends were too exciting, and my body was telling me to stop it.  Well, next weekend I'll be in Iowa taking it easy with my family.

Thank you, Japan, for another exciting visit, but next time please don't mess with my digestive system.  The last time I visited you, your oysters messed me up for a long time.

The End

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jeremy,
    My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Japan and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete